Class of business training is a new Fit and Proper requirement in terms of Section 29 of the Board Notice 194, 2017 – Determination of Fit and Proper requirements.
This course addresses the Board Notice requirements for class of business training in terms of section 29(4) and will enable you to obtain an understanding of the products that form part of the short-term-term insurance commercial lines class of business, including its subclasses.
Focus Area:Product features and benefits, costs and risks, legislation, market participants, economic factors and appropriateness for client needs of the different products that form part of the short-term insurance commercial lines class of business, including its subclasses.
Who should Attend:Supervised representatives, financial advisors, para-planners, key individuals
CPD Info:6.5 CPD points on completion of course and successful pass of final assessment The course is accredited by the Insurance Institute of South Africa and thus qualifies as a verifiable CPD activity towards the accumulation of CPD hours as required by the FSCA.
Short-term insurance personal lines class of business consists of the following subclasses which are included in the training:
- Commercial lines: Accident and health policy
- Commercial lines: Engineering policy
- Commercial lines: Guarantee policy
- Commercial lines: Liability policy
- Commercial lines: Miscellaneous policy
- Commercial lines: Motor policy
- Commercial lines: Property policy
- Commercial lines: Transportation policy
- Commercial lines: Short-term reinsurance policy
- To receive a certificate, complete the following via e-learning: Free Financial Services Overview Module
08:30-10:00: Session 1 - Overview (Commercial Lines Insurance)
10:00-10:15: Tea Break
10:15-12:00: Short-term commercial lines insurance products
12:30-14:00: Session 2- The need for short-term commercial lines insurance Economic and environmental factors impacting on short-term commercial lines insurance