Class of business training is a new Fit and Proper requirement in terms of Section 29 of the Board Notice 194, 2017 – Determination of Fit and Proper requirements.
This course addresses the Board Notice requirements for class of business training in terms of section 29(4) and will enable you to obtain an understanding of the products that form part of the short-term-term insurance personal lines class of business, including its subclasses.
Focus Area:Product features and benefits, costs and risks, legislation, market participants, economic factors and appropriateness for client needs of the different products that form part of the short-term insurance personal lines class of business, including its subclasses.
Who should Attend:Supervised representatives, financial advisors, para-planners, key individuals
CPD Info:6.5 CPD points on completion of course and successful pass of final assessment The course is accredited by the Insurance Institute of South Africa and thus qualifies as a verifiable CPD activity towards the accumulation of CPD hours as required by the FSCA.
Short-term insurance personal lines class of business consists of the following subclasses which are included in the training:
- Personal lines: Accident and health policy
- Personal lines: Liability policy
- Personal lines: Miscellaneous policy
- Personal lines: Motor policy
- Personal lines: Property policy
- Personal lines: Transportation policy
- Personal lines: Short-term reinsurance policy
- To receive a certificate, complete the following via e-learning: Free Financial Services Overview and Economic & Investments Overview Modules
09:00-10:15: Session 1 Introduction to personal lines short-term insurance
10:15-10:30: Tea Break
10:30-12:00: Session 1 (continues) Personal lines short term insurance products
12:30-14:00: Session 2- The need for short-term personal lines insurance Economic and environmental factors impacting on short-term insurance